Tuesday, January 15, 2019

2019 - Just One Word

I saw something super cheesy that said we needed to be grateful for the great fullness of our lives. This got me thinking about fullness and the more I thought about it, the more I knew this would be the work for 2019. 

But before I get into that, let me just say that Movement as 2018's word was a resounding success. My last PT for my knee was January 9th and I was raring to go. I started a new exercise program (Fit & Fueled at Campus Rec) that same week with 2 morning workouts each week to add to my 2 water aerobics sessions. I kept that up for most of the year, only stopping Fit & Fueled at the end of October when I headed to Indiana to help Dottie out after her knee replacement. I even went so far as to try jogging at one of the F&F sessions, which was fine on my new knee but not so much on my old one. By the end of the year, I was able to completely ignore my knee and walked 9 miles all over London just before Christmas. Movement - yay! Now for this year's word:


Fullness


Despite 2018's successful word, nothing can compete with my very first word of the year - 2009's Enough. But fullness has lots of potential. My life is full and I'm grateful for that but fullness has several interpretations. First off my life is full of stuff and I need to work on that. Culling stuff is always good, right? And I also need to work on recognizing when I'm full and stop eating. See? Fullness. So I'm going to work on balance in all areas of my life, which will help me appreciate how full it is. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment