Saturday, September 8, 2018

Week 34 - Ribbons and Sushi

It was a good week health wise. I was doing well on my rotation. I lost 6 pounds in the first few days – mostly water I’m sure but I’ll take it. I even managed to do OK at a food day. I brought a big salad and ate that and some pulled pork and only had 2 tiny sweets. All good. I was back in the groove of Fit & Fueled too. Having to be at the gym just after 7:00 is killer and the TRX session on Thursday was brutal, leaving me sore but in a good way. Progress. It’s all about progress.

I had entered some knitting (6 pairs of socks and a cowl) in the state fair for only the 2nd time and must have hit refresh a hundred times on Friday (the first day of the fair) waiting for them to post the results. The finally did in late afternoon. While I didn’t win the best socks in the state, beaten out by Nan from my spinning group who entered a gorgeous pair of socks knitted with her handspun yarn, I did get ribbons on everything, including one first. I was pretty happy with that because unlike in the county fair, not everything gets a ribbon at state – only the top 5 entries in each category. My friend Jill always sends me great pictures and this year was no exception. : )

With a week long bout of rain in the forecast, I got up early Saturday and did my laundry so I could get it out on the line on the last dry day. With that done early, I was looking for something to do when I got an email from Jerry (the man we met after spinning last month who was clearing out the house next to the library) saying he was prepping for the final sale and if Andrea or I wanted the sewing machines, we could pick them up before the sale. Andrea was up for a Fremont run so we headed up there at dinner time. Andrea loaded up a couple of sewing machines and then we went out for sushi. Yes, sushi in Fremont, Nebraska. I was completely skeptical but the online reviews were good so we gave it a try. OMG! The sushi was AMAZING! We got 2 – 1 basic and 1 super fancy. Both were delish. It was  so good that I think it will replace tots at Todd’s after spinning. Shocking!

With all my chores done on Saturday, I spent Sunday cooking and knitting/streaming. It was a nice, relaxing way to end the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment