Saturday, September 8, 2018

Week 33 - Stress and Vegging

It was a weird week. Still no swimming, cancelled lunches and then a friend in the ER lead to stressful times.

I spent Monday lunch looking for instant polenta in Lincoln. I tried HyVee, Whole Foods and Fresh Thyme and no one had it. I’m going to have to look farther afield I guess. I last bought it at Whole Foods in Omaha, which is bigger than Lincoln’s store so there’s hope. But did I remember to check when I was in Omaha on Saturday? Nope. Grits will have to do in the meantime. Not the same though.

Darla had to cancel lunch on Tuesday so I thrifted with Cindy that day and ended up having lunch with Darla on Thursday instead. But between the two days was stress galore. Carolyn had thrown out her back and it was so bad that they called 911 and she was taken to Rhode Island Hospital by ambulance Tuesday night. I had a tough time sleeping that night and was up at 5:00 then spent Wednesday messaging back and forth with her – me at work and Carolyn on her phone from the ER. They never ended up admitting her so when she went home late Wednesday afternoon, my worry level went down. I decided on the way home that I needed beer, a hotdog and chips for supper so stopped twice in Wahoo and enjoyed a relaxing evening at home. The rest of the work week was uneventful. Yay!

Saturday was hanging in Omaha with Lori so on Friday night I got busy and loaded up the car with donations for Goodwill so I’d be ready to go in the morning. We met at First Watch for breakfast, timing it so we’d be done right at 10:00 when Penzey’s opened. From there I went to Goodwill to offload and then met Lori at The Omaha Antique Center, where she wanted another look at some end tables. Good thing the back of my car was empty because they fit right in when she bought them. We then went home and arranged her living room before sitting down to knit. We went out for Burger King in the early afternoon because Lori’s vegan and they have a good veggie burger. I chose a bacon double cheeseburger. Ha! I hit Aldi on the way home so was all ready for my usual chore day on Sunday. I was starting a rotation so did some cooking – sugar free jello, steamed broccoli and grilled chicken. Boring but it felt good to get back to healthy eating and, at the same time, take eating decisions off the table. When it’s only 600 calories, I know exactly what I’m eating. Exactly. And I’d be back in the pool and starting my Tuesday/Thursday Fit & Fueled classes in the mornings so it was all looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment