Friday, May 25, 2018

Week 19 - A Quiet Week

It was a quiet week with busy days at work and little to no exercise.

First work. There were two all day events this week that messed with my schedule. Tuesday was U-wide IT symposium at the Cornhusker Hotel in downtown Lincoln that started at 8:30. Thursday was an all day Tableau (software to use data to tell stories - I'm not kidding. That's their shtick.) session at UNL. Rather than hurry like crazy from gym to seminar, I skipped both morning workouts. It was also the week of the campus steam outage so swimming would be in cold water and no showers afterwards. Needless to say, I skipped swimming too. 

You would think this lack of swimming would lead to being productive after work. Not so much. Monday was knitting, I had a Husker Cats meeting Wednesday so didn't get home until 7:30 and had a graduation party on Friday. I was so exhausted from sitting in boring sessions all day on Tuesday and Thursday that I went home and sat like a zombie. Knitting, of course, but still. I had high hopes for the weekend.

Of course the weather turned on Friday night and it was raw and chilly on Saturday. I got the house picked up and cleaned (at my minimal, post cleaning lady level) and did some shopping on Saturday. I managed to get outside on Sunday to plant a few more containers but with the weather not cooperating, my early lead in gardening for the year was slowly evaporating. I could only hope that I could pick up the pace for next week. What are the chances that that happened? Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment