Monday, April 23, 2018

Week 16 - Back to Work

Well, it was back to reality this week after a wonderful week off. The work week could have dragged but didn't and spring weather finally arrived. Nice.

I didn't show myself any mercy, cramming my already full normal week with even more so had something every single night. Monday was knitting, Tuesday was a meeting with the new garden committee at Hansen House (a museum here in Wahoo), Wednesday was swimming, which felt like an early night despite me getting home at 6:45, Thursday was a movie with Tammie - The Leisure Seeker (worth seeing for sure) and Friday was a Husker Cats party.

Lon, the dentist who feeds all the campus feeders on the weekends, wanted to get together to meet some of the other Husker Cats people. He hosted a party at Hop Cat (how appropriate) after work on Friday. I had left work early to go to a retirement party so got there early and sat at the bar enjoying yummy beer with Lon before everyone else arrived. We had a nice time and it was a nice way to start the weekend. I missed swimming but it was worth it. 

I was also on a 600/900 calorie week, which included good days and bad. I couldn't pass up the free bbq lunch for Ag Day on Tuesday but otherwise did OK until Friday's party. It went downhill from there but all for fun. At least there's that.

Saturday was the first ever Local Yarn Shop Day so I met Lori and Michelle at First Watch for breakfast on Saturday morning and then Lori and I hit 2 of the 3 Omaha yarn shops. I showed some restraint and only bought 2 skeins of sock yarn at each shop plus, are you sitting down?, a skein of acrylic! It's frosty purple and I just couldn't resist. It will probably be mittens. Someday. After the yarny fun, I hit Aldi and was home in time for a cup of tea that afternoon. I did some minimal housework, figuring I'd finish on Sunday but that didn't happen.

I had good intentions but spent most of the day sitting on my butt knitting. Go figure. I did do laundry and hang it out plus did a bit of cooking, which only made the kitchen a train wreck but at least I have soup for lunches and a lemon tea loaf to take to knitting. Spring weather finally arrived and appears to be here to stay so I dragged myself outside late in the afternoon to turnover and plant one of my veg beds with early veggies. Normally they'd have been in the ground weeks ago but not this year. There's not much to show but here's a pic anyway.

So I'm starting the week with the house a bit of a mess. This is my fear with not having a cleaning lady - my deadline for neatizing and doing all the dishes is gone. I'm going to have to be an adult and spend some nights in the coming week getting things in order. Wish me luck please.

No comments:

Post a Comment