Sunday, April 15, 2018

Week 13 - Starting the Reclaimation

It was a pretty uneventful week, unless you count the food day on Wednesday. Yes, it was that mundane of a work week. I did the usual thrifting, swimming, etc. and ended the work week with a quiet Good Friday (most of the campus seemed to be gone – certainly in my office) and a trip to Aldi after swimming to stock up for a weekend at home. Because this was my first weekend without an event in weeks.

I say without an event but when Helen had called to ask if she could wind some yarn, I invited her over for breakfast on Saturday morning. She works overnights so she stopped on her way home from work. It was nice to catch up, as always, over bacon and eggs. That was only my first fun meal of the day. 

Andrea, Lori and I were getting together for Lori's birthday a month late. Lori, who is vegan, wanted Chinese but Wahoo's restaurant has great food but an awful atmosphere. That in mind, I offered my house. Andrea picked up take out and we all enjoyed our meal then presents and knitting in the sun. 

When I shifted stuff off the printer to copy a recipe, I started an avalanche on my desk, which is my number one hot spot for clutter. Drae challenged me to deal with the desk when she left and that's what I did. It was long overdue. Embarrassing as it is, here are before and after pics. It took hours both Saturday afternoon and Sunday to find a place for everything because I was determined not to just relocate the crap. I was super pleased to get this done, which was a nice start to my upcoming vacation to do list. I hope this is just a start to reclaiming my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment