Monday, April 2, 2018

Week 12 - Enjoying Spring Break

It was spring break week so campus was very quiet and there was no water aerobics. This worked out fine for me because I was having some nerve pain in my knee again so was happy for the break. The extra time also left time for other things, which is a rarity in my uber busy life.

First up was lunch with Kate, who used to swim with us but hasn’t in a few years. Anne and I had booked lunch with her during spring break because she often has desk coverage at the library. We took our lunches and knitting to her office on Tuesday and had a lovely catch up. We need to schedule another one soon.

With no water aerobics and continued winter weather that nixed walking, my Tuesday/Thursday morning classes were my only exercise options. I went Tuesday morning despite my knee pain and had planned to go Thursday but somehow didn’t set my alarm so woke up at 6:14 Thursday, killing any chance of going. Talk about failing – oh well.

Just to get home right after work most nights was a gift and I was pretty productive but only getting caught up on chores I hadn’t finished the previous weekend. At least I did get caught up though because Saturday was yet another full scheduled one. It was the Master Gardener Conference in Council Bluffs, which I’d missed last year because of my shoulder so was looking forward to. We had to be on the road at 7:15 and had a fun day, getting home early enough that I had tea at home. The conference did seem a bit less than other years but I still managed to learn things, which is the point. Nice.

Despite having so many free evenings, I still had regular chores to do on Sunday. Somehow time got away from me so the cookies I’d planned to have done before Call the Midwife started weren’t so I was hopping up every few minutes to put another tray in the oven. It didn’t help that it made 6-1/2 dozen but then I’d have plenty for the upcoming week plus lots to share. I’ll end on that – homemade cookies being a nice ending to a pleasant week. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment