Monday, April 18, 2011

Week 16 - An Uneventful One

It was a relatively uneventful week, which was nice. I knitted on Monday night and Wednesday over lunch, swam a couple of nights, had a busy week at work, slamming through the hopefully last identify management issues before the programmer I worked with’s last day and ended it all with a relaxing weekend. Not bad.

I had grand plans to get a couple of hours of master gardener continuing ed hours on Tuesday. I went to work early, which took some doing, so I could be at the Research breakfast by 8:00. I figured I wouldn’t want lunch so had planned to drive over to east campus for an arboretum walk at noon but lost track of time and missed that. Then I had planned to swim and head directly to one of Lincoln’s library for a composting presentation. But then I checked the forecast and saw that Tuesday was my only option for gardening after work so I decided to miss the presentation too. I went straight home and made more progress on the back bed I’ve been reclaiming, planting some more library plants. I’m really liking this new plan. An hour after work may not seem like much but it’s adding up and feels painless.

The rest of the week flew by and the weekend was here in the blink of an eye. It was a strange one. I had no plans, Carolyn was busy with Aaron’s birthday so we wouldn’t be talking as much and Andrea was out of town, which meant no dropping by the store or other visits. It felt weird. On top of that, the weather was cloudy and chilly so working outside wouldn’t be pleasant. I was facing 48 hours with potential but was facing an ambition shortage. It figures.

I managed to get a few things done Saturday – organized my coupons, created binders for all my knitting patterns, weighed all my yarn leftovers and posted the amounts, stocked up at Dollar General – such gripping stuff! I did try to do some gardening but it was really chilly outside so it didn’t last long. I had considered going to Omaha but decided against it.

By Sunday, my chores were all done so I spent the day knitting and cooking. Mid day, Totnes (the kitten) came in holding her paw up and meowing plaintively. I couldn’t find anything and she could walk on it so I just kept an eye on her. Then the swelling started. It was pretty dramatic. Her paw swelled enormously and then it started moving up her leg. I called the vet who recommended a drop of children’s Benadryl, which I borrowed from my neighbor. The swelling lasted all afternoon but after a brief nap (brought on by the Benadryl maybe?) she was wanting out and seemed fine. I can’t believe with all the cats I’ve had this is the first bee sting they’ve had. Get a load of the size of her paw though – scary. Anyway, I ended the day with a bunch of cooking. Like I said, an uneventful week but one of those is nice every once in a while.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Kitty!
    I don't know how many of your posts I have missed but I apologize for not commenting. I have been sicker than a dog. Pneumonia for the last month. Much better now. Your life, as always, sounds full and fun.