Monday, April 13, 2009

Week 15 - Return to Normal

Well, I finally got my wish for a normal week. I went to water aerobics 3 times, got caught up at home and work (even on my blog), did some cooking….it felt wonderful!

The one sad thing that happened was one of my campus cats was run over on R Street. It was just a matter of time before one of the cats got hit but that doesn’t make it easy when it happens. The landscape crews know to call me so I can identify the cat but the garbage men found her and took her away before anyone could get there. Two people in my office saw the cat (a gray tabby) and one reported her being kept company by two other cats so I knew it was one of mine. I made a beeline over to CBA and called the cats to make sure it wasn't Peanut or Jay (two of my faves who are both tabbies.) It wasn’t either of them! After getting a better description from Alan’s wife and by process of elimination, I figured it was Cozette so I mailed a picture of her to the garbage man and he said he was 99% sure it was her. I guess it’s a good thing she hadn’t been spayed so we hadn’t spent money for nothing. She was a gorgeous cat with the sweetest face but very skittish. It made for a hard day Thursday.

Friday night I went back to CBA after water aerobics and spent some quality time with the cats for the first time since before LA. Once the campus is quiet, and it was especially so because so many students had gone home for Easter, lots of cats I hadn’t seen in ages came out – even one Belinda had TNR'd (trapped/neutered/released) that I’d never seen before. It was a beautiful evening and I was there for more than an hour. I rogue fed them the last bag of chopped steak from Susan’s stint in Animal Science and truly enjoyed the evening. I think I may make it a weekly event.

The rest of the weekend was nice. I did my first yard work of the season (unfortunately it was at the library, not in my yard) and then went to lunch at the Wiggie with Lorri and Sarah as a thank you for Sarah taking care of my cats while I was away. Then I had some quality veg time on the deck, hanging with a tabby that showed up out of nowhere and decided he liked my deck (he was there all day Sunday too but left when it started to rain.) Saturday afternoon Connie came and stayed over for Easter dinner – heathen ham, which was delicious and we ate way too much. We hung out and watched movies. All in all a nice ending to the week.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your kitty. It's so hard when they are can't keep them totally safe.
    I am glad you had a nice Easter and that Connie got to come and spend some time with you.
    We went to brunch with my dd and her family. I took my MIL which is always a 'joy' but it's a family time so...I played to good d-in-law. The RGH gets home on WED, so I am on the home stretch.