Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Week 3 - Water Aerobics Again or My Bum Knee


Between stopping for my surgery and the winter break, it had been 5-1/2 weeks since I’d been in the pool and it felt like my body had turned to mush. It felt SO good to be back in the pool! My plan was to go as much as possible and I had already done two days in a row and felt fine to keep going. Until Wednesday morning that is. I don’t know what I did in the pool Tuesday but I woke up Wednesday to a dead knee. It hurt to put any weight at all on it. Aging sucks! I started sucking down 800 mg ibuprofens and decided to skip Wednesday night since it was shallow and the impact would hurt. But I went back to the pool Thursday, figuring being in the deep end wouldn’t hurt my knee more and the moving might actually help. Class was nearly over when I discovered the move (a hopscotch for those in the know) that had trashed my knee. The second I did it I gasped in pain. Needless to say I skipped Friday and then had 3 more days off due to the MLK weekend. My knee was much better by the end of the weekend and I plan to be back in the deep end, moving carefully on Tuesday. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! I hope it's doing better now. Having a bad knee is very inconvenient to say the least. I am doing Yoga now. It is helping me a lot. My flexibility was zilch! I hadn't exercised in a long time.
    Loving this blog. Sorry it took me so long to get over here. I'll put you on my Google Reader now.

    ReplyDelete