Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Week 1 - The Purge Begins


Despite not being fully recovered from my whirlwind Christmas trip to RI and having no energy, I forced myself to begin the Great Purge of '09 on New Year's Day. My first order of business was to reclaim the spare bedroom, which had become a dumping ground for all and sundry. The bed was covered with laundry baskets, my container of choice, plus bags and piles of downright crap as well as all my scrapbooking stuff. Once I got going, it wasn't too bad. I reclaimed the spare room, going through baskets, drawers and finally the closet. From there I headed to my bedroom where I did the same. The next day I tackled the front room closet and was finally able to put the vacuum in it, which will save schlepping it up and down the stairs. Here's a picture of the Goodwill pile that was the result of all this purging, While I didn't actually take it to Goodwill until the following Saturday (it doesn't count as purged until it's gone from my property), it sure felt good to get rid of so much stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am proud of you. I have been purging too. We are converting a spare room to an office for the RGH.
    I LOVE your purses on the wall. Very artsy style.

    ReplyDelete