Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Week 25 - Kittens and Knitting

It was a pretty normal week with all the usual stuff - Monday Night Knitting, BBQ on East Campus and water aerobics on Thursday, etc. But there were a couple of fun things worth mentioning.

After work on Wednesday, I went with Anne to play with kittens. There was a litter of tuxedo and black kittens being fostered for Becky's stray cat project and Anne was ready to get one. I happily played with the kittens and found one that would let me pet his belly but the news is that Anne took one of the tuxedo kittens and named her Hazel in honor of my dear departed Hazel. She's a total cutie and Anne has been having fun with her. There was zero temptation for me. I'm fine with my 4 beasts.

I'm back at max vacation so took Friday afternoon off and went to Omaha to knit at Lori's. She was dog sitting her niece's dog so we stayed in. Her house was HOT though. We were inside sitting still and I was actively sweating. When I got up to go to the bathroom, I saw that it was 84 degrees and Lori got up to adjust her thermostat to kick on the AC. Sheesh! The AC in the car felt great and after a stop at Aldi, I was stocked up and ready for a weekend inside.

I was a total veg on Saturday, doing minimal chores and catching up on YouTube knitting podcasts. Sunday I got busy. First thing was to pack up all the yarn for Dottie, who I'd be meeting in Iowa City next week. This was most of it - there's a layer behind what shows in this pic and more in the garage that never made it inside. Since I pulled some off the spare room bed, I kept going in there and organized all the remaining yarn. As usual, I ended the week driving to Lincoln for water aerobics, getting home just in time for a quick shower before watching PBS.

So it was a good week with a mix of socializing and productivity. Plus kittens! Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment