Friday, December 30, 2022

Week 50 - All the Packages

It was a festive week that started with a party and then it was packages, packages and more packages. It was all the Christmas hussle that's early December when I'm staying in Nebraska so have to ship all my presents. I was ready.

Monday was our office Christmas party - a brunch in a room near campus - and Lana, Cindy and I were on set up duty. I had loaded some stuff into the car on Sunday and had another pile by the door so I could get to campus on time Monday. And I did. After offloading some stuff in the office, we headed right over and got the room all set up and decorated before everyone arrived at 10:00. The party was fun and by the time we broke it all down, it was noon. I drove to UPS to drop off my sister's huge package (I'd tried before work but they weren't open yet) so my first package was on its way. Yay! I went to Aldi after work so was late to knitting but now I was home for the rest of the week. Nice.

The rest of the week was packages. Every. Single. Day. My aim was to be done by the weekend so it was all about wrapping, packing, printing postage and a mix of post office drop offs and scheduling pick ups. The smaller ones were easy (socks in an envelope mostly) but my last big one went out on Saturday and like that, I was done!

The rest of the week was fine. I trained 2 afternoons, which always makes those days fly, and we had some weather on Thursday - rain that froze when the sun went down so we had to postpone book club. Better safe then sorry. Then somehow I pulled a muscle in my back while pouring coffee on Friday morning. It was near my left shoulder blade and was pretty uncomfortable. My boss told me to take the afternoon off and not to feel guilty so I did. I spent 3.5 hours on a heating pad and it made a big difference. I was adult about it and declined to go to Fremont with Andrea that afternoon. Bummer but I didn't want to make it worse because I had things to do on the weekend.

With my last package waiting at the back door for pick up that afternoon, I started Saturday morning chatting with 2 friends, ran some errands and got BK for lunch and then it was time to decorate my tree, which had been up but naked all week. I always watch It's a Wonderful Life so got that streaming and then decorated my tree. After some light issues, the ornaments didn't take long so I knitted through the rest of the movie and then enjoyed some eggnog in the dark with the tree lights on, which is one of my favorite things at Christmas.

The next day being Sunday, I had chores and cooking to do. I made a pie, meatballs and cabbage casserole so was all set for food for the coming week. Clearly it was time to knit and I did, getting up and down all day to fiddle with the tree. 

I was feeling good about things and with the packages all sent and everything decorated, it was time to start my not going to Rhode Island pre-Christmas relaxation mode. There would be lots of knitting and watching vlogmas videos on YouTube (these are daily podcasts by knitters showing their holiday prep and knitting and I totally love them) to get me in the spirit. Ho ho ho!




No comments:

Post a Comment