Sunday, March 13, 2022

Week 9 - Cold and Crowned

After a glorious weekend of unseasonably warm weather, that was due to change  so I ran my errands over lunch on Monday. The front came through when I was in the farm store so I was happy to get home to hole up during the cold snap. With the library closed for the holiday, there was no Monday Night Knitting and so I had nowhere I needed to go for days and I was happy with that.

But that same cold caused someone to reschedule their dental appointment and when they called me Tuesday morning with an appointment at 11:00 for my crown, I grabbed it. I had a class to teach that afternoon but just delayed it an hour and went out in the cold. The new dentist bought a crown making machine so I didn't have to go back. It was 2 hours well spent and my droopy mouth was almost back to normal by the time I had to teach. 

Other than the dentist, I didn't go anywhere for the rest of the week. I was horrified by the war in Ukraine so watched a bunch of TV and when I struggled to get warm in my own house, I turned on my mattress pad and went to bed early to read. I ended the week zooming with Connie for 2.5 hours after work on Friday, which was great.

Maybe it was having been holed up all week and that the weather was starting to warm up but nothing was making me happy on Saturday. I was antsy and even streaming/knitting wasn't hitting it so I called Andrea and asked if she'd be up for a ride to Seward. Luckily she was so off we went. The MCC (Mennonite Central Committee) thrift shop there is wonderful and that was our destination. We found all kinds of treasures then hit some other shops on the square and a gift shop Drae had scoped out online on our way out of town. I scored some stocking stuffers for next Christmas. Nice.

Since it was the end of the month, I forced myself to do the last few things to finish my bedroom on Sunday afternoon. It was only dusting the furniture and changing the light bulbs in the overhead light. I replaced compact fluorescents with 2 60 watt LEDs from Ikea. Yeah, you could do surgery in my bedroom but it's done. That was my goal for February and I succeeded. Blaring light be damned.


So it was a pretty typical wintery week except for my crown. You can call me Queen Merry. Here are some of my overwintered flowers, which are always a joy in dreary, cold weather. Spring is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment