Friday, December 17, 2021

Week 50 - More Christmas Prep

The week started with my packages being picked up and me making a batch of egg nog bread pudding to take to Monday Night Knitting and the Christmas prep just kept going.

I put up my tree Tuesday evening. It's the smallest (and most expensive) tree I've ever had but putting the ornaments on brought some of the branches down so it looked great when it was all done and I love the granny square tree skirt my sister made me. Of course I fiddled with the ornaments for the rest of the week until it was just perfect. I love my little tree!

I trained on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons and in between, Wednesday was a busy day. Not only was I going to campus but I'd made plans to meet Darla for breakfast at 7:00 so had to get up at 5:30. Wow! We had a lovely time and the HyVee breakfast was so huge that I took enough for lunch in a to go box. That worked because I hadn't brought lunch and had errands to run, which included picking up yarn I'd ordered. I'd bought one skein in the Knit Lincoln series that was inspired by Architecture Hall on campus but then bought a coordinating skein when I got there. I couldn't resist. Isn't it pretty?

My mission at work was to finish moving to my new office, which took up most of my day so I didn't get monthly reports done until almost 5:00. But I was all moved in and could head home. I stopped at HyVee for some of the things I can't get at Aldi, including some fried chicken for dinner, which I'd been craving for a long time. I was happy to get into my jammies and watch Survivor while I ate.

It was a joy to be working from home again and the rest of the week flew by. I had one more pair of socks to get in the mail so that was my focus in non-work hours but I wasn't enjoying the knit. I had no plans on the weekend so would just power through.

I woke up to our first snow on Saturday morning, which was pretty and not enough to be a problem. I had 3" on my deck but my driveway was blown clear, which meant I didn't have to shovel to head to the Lutheran church for their cookie sale. I bought a pound of cookies and then was home for the duration. I spent the day knitting and streaming Star Trek Discovery. I finished the socks on Saturday then soaked them and hung them in the tub to dry. It was bright and sunny on Sunday so they finished drying outside. I packed them up and scheduled a pick up for Monday. It was my last package to ship so I was happy to be done with that. Now I could relax a bit and enjoy some no pressure knitting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment