Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Week 16 - Super Crappy Week

Well, I cannot say it was a good week. While there were a few nice moments, overall it sucked. 

Most of the sucking was work related but on top of that, I woke up in a foul mood on Tuesday and just couldn't shake it. I was crabby all day but sad and teary on and off too. And Tuesday is my out and about day so I picked up lunch at Mocha C's - my favorite chicken salad croissant, yellow Lay's and a scotcheroo, but even that didn't help. There was nothing to do but tough it out and I was fine on Wednesday morning. I had zoom meetings all morning, trained on Zoom that afternoon and had a lovely dinner of pasta with wine while watching Survivor with my friend Dawn in Virginia. So Wednesday was much better.

And then came Thursday. During our morning team meeting, I was basically told that I need to learn 3 major lots of new software. Great. Just what everyone needs to hear when working from home during a pandemic, with stress around every corner. I was PISSED! I called my supervisor that afternoon and got zero satisfaction so decided then and there that I needed a less interesting job with less stress and closer to home. I'm writing this almost 2 weeks after this happened and I still feel the same. Oh well. I may be stuck in my job anyway because who's going to be hiring anytime soon? Nobody.

On top of that, during the team zoom meeting the next morning, my supervisor invited himself and his wife to my house. He said he's bring my favorite totchos and we could eat by the fire. WHAT??? Not only have I never so much as had lunch with this man, but you ambush me in front of other people with an invite during a pandemic? And after pissing me off the day before (not that he had any idea how pissed I was)? NO. No for so many reasons. I stewed on that and barely slept Friday night, worrying how to tell him no without offending him. Thankfully, Carolyn talked me down on Saturday morning and literally dictated a 2 sentence email that said no gently and got me off the hook. OMG!


There were a few bright spots. I started the week on a good note finally defrosting my basement freezer. By the way, I have enough pureed fruit to make jam for an army regiment. On Thursday night, Heidi was picking up some yarn I'd pulled for her and called to ask I wanted to split a BOGO burger deal for supper. She delivered it and it was delicious. By then we were in the middle of a snow storm. Yes, we had 6" of snow in April. But it was gone by late morning on Friday and it was like it never happened by tea time. On top of that, it didn't leave the ground soggy at all.

After spending most of Saturday morning chatting with friends, on the phone and zoom, I was thrilled to head outside. I spent most of the weekend outside in the garden, letting nature redeem my crappy week. I can only hope for a better one to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment