Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Week 15 - Visits with Boundaries

It was week 3 of staying at home but I was still finding my way to the new normal. Work was fine and I did have a few bright spots in the week.

On the work front, Brook did his usual job of keeping things fun and we had themes for each morning's zoom meeting - funny hats, bring your pet to work, Hawaiian day, etc. I had a big project to work on - grad student allocations - and that made the week fly. But when I finished that and was facing a slow Friday afternoon, I couldn't face it and so took half a vacation day. I can't say I did much beyond streaming (McMillion$) and knitting but it was worth the ding to my vacation bank, keeping in mind I got 12 days added back to that pot when I cancelled the cruise. And I did get to something on my pre-Covid to do list - I went through my sock mending bag and mended 3 pairs and frogged back one pair that needed reknitting, which I started. 


On the social front, I had some lovely times, socially distanced of course. Monday found me knitting in the driveway with friends again, which is a lovely way to start the week. Then on Wednesday Anne came over for a walk at the lake (very windy) and Survivor. She brought spam buns, which were a comfort food from her childhood. They were delish and she left me a few extras to eat for lunches. Cindy and I had a zoom coffee break with Lana on Friday morning. Then on Saturday afternoon, Cindy came to drop off my mower, which her son had overhauled, and we sat in the backyard and enjoyed Via lattes, the packets for which had been a stocking stuffer. It was the closest I've been to Starbucks since our last latte on our last day at work. It was a gorgeous afternoon and the visit felt so normal. I needed that.

As for productivity, I made more masks and mailed some off to my sister and her husband then made one for Anne to give her when she came Wednesday. I spent time in the yard at the end of every work day whenever the weather cooperated, finishing raking the lawn right before Cindy arrived on Saturday. I had been cooking up a storm so had cheesy baked cauliflower for dinners most nights and made a strange cracker stuffing thing using saltines and some cranberry brats from the basement freezer. I shared it with Andrea who said she liked it. Andrea and I have been sharing lots of food. The banana cake in the spam buns pic was from her. Yum!

So another week down. I still wasn't finding working from home horrible and was absolutely enjoying all the extra time in my day from not commuting. That was absolutely showing in my yard, which looks better than it has in years and it's only mid-April. With no end in sight to sheltering at home, I can only imagine how good my yard will work soon. I'll take it. 

Stay healthy everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment