Monday, August 20, 2018

Week 31 - Just Getting Through

There isn't much to say about this week. With fiscal year end meetings in full swing, I was focused on just getting through. I was feeding cats at my feeder and covering for the Union feeder in the mornings. I was watering not only for my friend Lorri but my neighbor so had double duty after work and it was the last week of water aerobics before 2 weeks off so I was trying to swim. Book club was Thursday night too so add that in. I think I only swam once but with the days crammed full, from morning until night, it was go go go!

With no plans for the weekend, I started slogging through the spare room. I had been looking at the sparseness of my closet and thinking I had more summer shirts but since I couldn't put my finger on a specific one that was missing, I hadn't given it any attention. Well, in pulling things out of the spare room, which was really about organizing my new yarn acquisitions, I found an Ikea bag full of clothes. It was a mix of summer and winter things plus some pants that don't fit so clearly I must have folded them up and stored them last fall when I was clearing the spare room so my sister could sleep there after my knee surgery. I went through the bag and found 12 more summer shirts that fit, which I hung right up to wear in the last weeks of this summer. I also culled some for donation. All good.

The yarn ended up in bins all over my front room. While I haven't been enjoying having to clean my own house, it was nice that I could leave the bins out and not have to worry about putting everything away so the cleaning lady could clean. It also meant I couldn't vacuum so since I couldn't do all the floors, I didn't do any. How that for rationalization? All in all, it was a nice weekend with the perfect mix of productivity and relaxation so I was recharged and ready for the upcoming super busy week. That's what weekends are for these days so no complaints. Just another week and a half of fiscal year end to get through.


No comments:

Post a Comment