Monday, August 6, 2018

Week 29 - Routine Weeks Rule

There was no easing into things when I got back to work. Monday was allocation day so that sucked up my entire first day, which wasn't all bad. I also had a custom training on Wednesday for three new business managers and a procurement meeting on Thursday that went so over time that I missed my lunch with Dodie at Panera. Well I did make it there but she'd given up and was already eating when I arrived. Next time I'll know just to cancel. Hopefully there won't be a next time for that meeting though since it was odd as all get out.

Other than working and swimming, my goal for the week was catching up and getting rid of stuff. I brought lemon meringue pie to Monday Night Knitting. Nice start to the week, right? Then I got my oil changed over lunch one day and ended the week unloading a trunk load of stuff at one of the City Mission's drop boxes on the way to Aldi, where I stocked up on groceries. Once I got home on Friday, I was in for the weekend because it was time to catch up there too.

I spent a bunch of time outside since the heat had broken and it was gorgeous. I did major clean up of the driveway and deck, which made a huge difference. It's amazing what your eye ceases to notice when junk has been sitting around for a long time. I also got the entire vegetable garden weeded and then weeded the perennial bed that goes all around the deck. It was just too gorgeous to not be outside!

That said, I cleaned the house on Sunday, which was long overdue. Not everything but my short list - floors (sweep, swiffer, vacuum/wash) and the bathroom plus a general neatize. I did a bunch of cooking too - roasted beets, cabbage/sweet potato/sausage casserole and cucumber salad, all of which meant I'd have food ready to go for the coming week. It also cleaned out my fridge. It was just nice to be home, as always. A routine week is always nice after being away. Happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment