Friday, March 16, 2018

Week 9 - Release of Tweaker

It was a gorgeous weather week that flew by, both at work and home. First off, it was 58 degrees when I ran errands on Monday, which included a Starbuck’s run. How can that go wrong?

On the work front, the F&A consultant was in on Tuesday and Wednesday. While I had done more last time she was here, they asked for data on and off over the 2 days. I had to drop everything each time, then add the food day we had for Susan’s retirement on Tuesday and the cake on Wednesday afternoon and those days went at warp speed. I was happy to leave for swimming at 5:00 and when we were told the heater had been off for days and so the water was very cold, we opted to tough it out. It was the coldest water aerobics I’d ever been through in 10 years. I needed the workout, frigid water or not, to burn off all the food I’d eaten in the past 2 days.

That was the start of an exercising marathon! It’s only 13 hours between swimming Wednesday night and my Thursday morning Fit & Fueled class but then Dodie wanted to walk at lunch so that was 3 workouts in 18 hours! Dodie wanted to cut the walk short but I was WALKING! We happily did 3000 steps and my knee was only a bit twingy afterwards. I did suggest moving our walk to another day, foolishly choosing Monday because it was the only weekday I don’t workout. I completely spaced that it’s the Fit & Fueled nutrition session so we’ll have to figure out another day going forward. But how was that for powering through? : )

Dinner on Thursday was popcorn and M&M’s at The Ross, where Tammie and I saw Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool. Good movie. And then as if there hadn’t been enough eating already, I made a coffee cake Friday to welcome our new employee who was replacing Cheryl. As yummy as it was, I made sure to give it all away because it was time to get serious about a rotation. I’d committed to losing 16 pounds during Fit & Fueled and think I was only down 2 maybe. Lame! The burger and fries I had for lunch on Friday just added to the over consumption of food that marked the entire week. There was hope for improvement over the weekend.

There was a positive note to end the work week on. On Friday morning, Tweaker was released back to campus. He's one of my campus ferals who somehow broke his femur in December and had been very unhappily inside recovering since then. The Payroll Manager had been fostering him and as he was getting better, he was getting crankier and crankier. So he was transported to campus and let loose Friday morning. He shot out of the carrier and bolted down the sidewalk so clearly he was ready to be free. It felt good to see him back.

I actually considered starting a rotation on the weekend but that didn’t happen. Not for any good reason because the only thing on my agenda was doing a library/bank run for Friends of the Library on Saturday morning. After that, it was a commitment free weekend. I did my laundry on Saturday and hung it out on the line because the weather was due to change on Sunday. While it did get colder as the day wore on, the windy weather was perfect for drying the yarn I dyed Sunday afternoon. That was my attempt to do something fun yet mildly productive to offset all the vegging. I did get some food prepped to start a rotation on Monday but otherwise it was sitting/knitting, including during the Oscars, which I haven't watched in years. I'm not sure why I did and it made for a late night but I could handle being a bit tired on a Monday. All in all, it was a good week.


No comments:

Post a Comment