Saturday, March 3, 2018

Week 8 - Banner Exercise Week

Monday was Presidents' Day but that's one of the days UNL gives up to get the week after Christmas off so I had to work. That doesn't bother me at all but the library being closed cancels knitting. Bothersome! But I decided to put my free Monday to good use and so went to water aerobics after work, which was a nice way to start the week off, n'est-ce pas?

Tuesday was a busy day at work with BCUG (Business Community Users' Group) scheduled that afternoon. Normally it has little impact on me but this month I was presenting on 3 different topics, all for Payroll who were double booked with another meeting. Now presenting involves showing things on a screen and talking into a microphone in an empty conference room but there are 200 people tuned in so I did quite a bit of prep work so I didn't sound like an idiot. I was supposed to present last, finishing with a demo of my database and answering any questions that came up. Well, the presenter before me didn't show up on time so I started early and ended when she came in. Whatever.

I did an OK job but was spent afterwards. Cindy, who is responsible for coordinating the entire program, was also exhausted so I suggested we ditch work and see a movie. We ran over to the theatre for a 4:30 showing of Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. It's not a happy peppy movie but was great. It's easy to see why it has won so many awards and probably will win more at the Oscars. It was a nice way to recharge after BCUG for sure.

Between teaching twice and meetings, the rest of the work week flew by. By the end of the week, I'd been swimming three times and did my morning class twice so went into the weekend having worked out every day. Not only was I feeling good about that but I also had no plans all weekend so could hunker down at home. Nice.

I happily sat in the sun in my nightie both mornings, getting dressed just before lunch. I made a major dent in my chores on Saturday so had some time for fun on Sunday. It was also windy, warm and sunny so I decided it was time to dye some yarn. I had to slog through standing water on my lawn but was happy just to hear melting and the yarn dried pretty quickly. I then spent Sunday evening cooking up a storm for the coming week. It always makes me feel good to start the week with my meals planned and ready to nuke when I get home from the pool. Now if the warm weather will just hang around, I'll be a new woman. No more ice to worry about falling on is my current wish. I live in hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment