Sunday, February 11, 2018

Week 6 - Living Last Minute

With my birthday week over, it was time to knuckle down and get serious about rotating. Between the constant eating out and skipping exercise of the previous week, I was nervous about my weigh in so was pleased that I'd only gained 2 pounds, which seemed like a miracle. I was on a 600/900 week so was hopeful I'd lose them quickly. On the exercise front, I was back to class but had told the instructors about my nerve pain so modified what I did and lived to tell. Yay!

I had an appointment at Honda on Tuesday at lunch for them to look at the tire pressure light, which had been on for more than a year. I had planned to take the shuttle back and bum a ride after work with Dodie but Cindy insisted on driving down so I wouldn't have to take the shuttle. We both ran an errand on the way down but when I got to Honda, the service guy asked if I'd hit the calibration mode button when I refilled my tires. What? I'd even read the book and had seen no mention of this magic button. He showed me how to do it, put air in my tires and the friggin' light went off! LAME! So Cindy and I hit Trader Joe's on the way back to campus so the ride down wouldn't be a total waste. At least now I'd be able to go right home after work. It would be my only chance to do that all week.

Book club was twice rescheduled and now was Wednesday at 6:00 - an hour and a day earlier. I was bringing pizza so we could be done by 7:00 so Lorri could get to choir practice. The problem was, I still had a bunch to read, despite having been reading it for more than a month. I read during breaks at work then went straight home Tuesday and read all evening, falling asleep with 15 pages yet to go. When the alarm went off Wednesday morning, I didn't get out of bed until I'd finished the book. Nick of time! At the end of the day I ordered the pizza and picked it up on the way to the library. I brought all the Wine & Dine door prizes and did some work prepping those once book club was over. Check and check.

Dodie and I enjoyed thrifty Thursday and then I left early to go to The Shape of Water with Tammie at The Ross. After having pizza for dinner Wednesday, I was having popcorn for dinner at the movie. Not a banner 600/900 week but tomorrow was another day. The movie was great and I hope it was the first of many now that I have a new Ross pass good for 2018.

We were getting yet more snow Friday night - the third snowfall in a week. At least it held off late enough that I could swim but when I woke up Saturday, it was clear I was going to need to get the driveway plowed. I tried to flag down the man who did it last time but despite waving from my front door, he never even looked my way before driving off. So I messaged Heidi to see if John could come and he could. I had a busy day ahead with a baby shower at 2:00 and the Wine & Dine at 6:30. Then the phone rang.

Helen, who was throwing the shower for her niece, had called Thursday night and sounded so exhausted that I asked if she needed help with the shower. She said that'd be great and she'd call Saturday morning. Well, I had been thinking I'd be going an hour early but she called at 9:30 and was already on her way there and asked when I could come. I told her I'd go as soon as I could get out of my driveway so went into high gear to get everything ready, not only for the shower but for the Wine & Dine too. It was a half hour ride away but I made it there by 11:30. I spent an hour wrapping little smokies with bacon then helped stuff mushrooms. Donna and Helen had done a beautiful job decorating and the food looked great. I was ravenous so enjoyed the food but I didn't know many people so sat with Brenda knitting while presents were opened. I bugged out before 4:00 since I still had the Wine & Dine.

I called Glenda when I got home to check in and she said everything was all set so I sat down to a cup of tea. The brief respite between events was lovely. The Wine & Dine was interesting with a new caterer. The food was fine (the potatoes were excellent - I went back for seconds) and there were door prizes for a third of the people there. But there was a ridiculous amount of plastic involved, which went right in the trash rather than being recycled. I wasn't happy about that but what could I do. I happily went home early enough that I was in my jammies by 9:00. I was pretty darn tired and went to bed early. But cold I fall asleep? Nope. I finally got up and was still awake at 1:30. Not good but I had no plans on Sunday at least.

We get another dusting of snow overnight and it was brutally cold Sunday morning but the sun was shining and I wasn't as tired as I could have been. I had gotten the kitchen cleaned up Saturday while John was shoveling so the only chores that needed doing was a general neatize and laundry. That left me sitting in the sun and knitting all morning, which was a joy. After lunch, I did manage to get the laundry done and cleared out the fridge, even trudging through the snow to the compost pile after I prepped produce for the week. I was going into a 1200 week but had already decided to go for 600-900 days as often as I could between a few eating obligations. I can only hope I at least lost the 2 pounds I'd gained over my birthday week. Progress. I'm just looking for some progress here. As for the knee, I walked around for 2 hours on Saturday before I realized the nerve pain was completely gone. That was a nice end to the week and progress on that front. I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment