Sunday, February 11, 2018

Week 5 - My Birthday Week

It was my birthday week and boy did I eat! Despite just starting my Fit & Fueled program, I gave myself permission to enjoy my birthday. And a food day. And donuts. Sheesh!

I went to my first Fit & Fueled nutrition session on Monday over lunch, having missed the first one last week with my personal snow day. I learned absolutely nothing but got weighed in so there was that. As usual, I ended the day with knitting, which is always fun.

I was at the gym bright and early on Tuesday morning for exercise class, which was very knee intensive. Lunges a-go-go. I was aware of a specific muscle in my knee but thought I escaped unscathed. Until just before lunch when I started getting horrible stabbing pains in my knee - like I was being poked with a straight pin. It would only last a second or two but the pain was so intense that I gasped every time it happened. And it happened a lot. I emailed the surgeon's office and they confirmed that it was a nerve coming back to life and they told me to ease off on the exercise until it lessened up. Good thing it was a food day (soup themed) so I didn't have to go far for lunch. I iced and elevated all afternoon then went straight home, exhausted by the constant pain. Oh well. A nerve coming back is still progress, right?

I didn't swim Wednesday and  went to Noodles with Dodie for my birthday - a day early because I was scheduled with the work crew on my actual birthday. I got up early Thursday and made Jordan Marsh blueberry muffins to take to work as my birthday treat. We then all went to Phat Jack's for barbecue at lunch, which was delish. I had barbecue nachos with brisket and all the fixins. After work was dinner with Rene and Anne at Bethany Cafe, where we started with muscles in cream sauce (Rene and I anyway because Anne would never eat a muscle - so Nebraska!) Then it was pork marsala, which isn't what I ordered but the chef messed up and I went with it. Good thing it was yummy because I took home plenty to eat again. I also had leftovers from lunch so the birthday eating wasn't ending anytime soon.

Layton was out of town so I thankfully had a normal lunch on Friday and then swam because my knee was feeling much better. The pain had morphed to skin pain instead of the stabbing and swimming didn't make it worse. Yay! Just one more birthday celebration to go.

I had a Friends meeting at 9:30 and then was meeting Lori after her hair appointment. We went to Hoot & Sadies then enjoyed lattes and knitting at Mocha C's while we waited for Drae's shop to close at 1:00. Lori helped me unwind my Bulk Barn sock blank for my next pair of socks, which I excited to start. When Drae showed up, we headed to Ashland for lunch at BW's, chosen because they had loaded tots on the menu. We started with roasted Brussels sprouts then I had my tots and my fave vanilla porter. SO good! We all enjoyed lunch then did some shopping on the main drag. I marvel at how vibrant Ashland is compared Wahoo. What gives? 

Anyway, the last birthday celebration was done. I had 2 lots of leftovers yet to eat but no more gatherings. I reveled in a Sunday at home to get chores done and relax. What a nice week I had. Even the deadline knitting I had for Wine & Dine door prizes and next week's baby shower went well. I slammed out all 3 projects between Saturday night and Sunday. All I had left was Darla's socks but I had another week. All good. I am grateful to have such wonderful friends to help me celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment