Saturday, April 9, 2016

Week 14 - A Bumpy Week

This week was all about the weekend. The work week was dragging as I plugged away at the follow up on last week’s big to do list. It was progress but plodding so the days weren’t exactly flying by. I was looking forward to Friday, which was the first of the month so would be chock full with reporting and would end with a brownie sundae mini food day at 3:00 and the Chancellor’s final Perl of Wisdom and State of the University at 4:00. So Friday was going to be a good day. Or not…. 

Without going into gory detail, let’s just say I had a super frustrating morning and ended up in tears in my boss’ office after lunch. Now I hate crying, never mind in front of my boss, so retreated to the conference room to clean before our ice cream event and things got better from there. Everyone seemed to enjoy the ice cream (yes, I ate some so blew some calories – oh well) and then rather than streaming the chancellor’s event, I grabbed Cindy and we walked over to The Lied to see it in person. It was lots of fun and got over just after 5:00. I had planned to swim but was considering skipping when Layton asked for a ride to his car, which would put me right by the pool. So despite being 15 minutes late, I swam and it was a good decision. All exercised and showered, I was ready for my weekend at home. 

Let me just say here, that adding fat to my rotations was a complete success. After a week I’d lost 8 pounds, which was right in line with my usual starving all the time 600/900 weeks. But this time I was NEVER hungry and had enjoyed snacks of pistachios, salads with olive oil dressing and olives or avocados all the time. Nice. 

On another health note, I had been feeling light headed of late so went to the doctor, who ordered blood tests. Everything came back fine so I'm chalking it up to not enough calories or sleep. The kicker is that when I asked them to run a lipid panel, all my cholesterol numbers were worse! Seriously? The last time I had my blood work done (June), my numbers were great, which made sense since I'd been rotating for 4 months at that point. But why are they up again? Not horrible mind you but clearly going in the wrong direction. Sometimes life just isn't fair. : (

Back to my weekend. I was thrilled to have absolutely no plans. I felt like I’d been doing the bare minimum since getting back from Florida and it showed. EVERYWHERE. Amanda coming to dig hostas on Sunday was the only thing on my agenda so I was free to catch up on everything. I started on the desk, which was piled with paper and crap. I actually found an unopened birthday card (that was 2 months old) and a valentine. Nuts. I also found some missing paperwork so it was all good. I went through a huge stack of newspapers, read what I needed to (not much) and added it all to the recycle bin. That felt huge and went a long way towards feeling less behind on things. I also got all my knitting (yarn and projects) photographed and updated online. Yay! 

With the paper all tackled, I had Sunday for chores and cooking. I spent a chunk of time on the phone with friends and when Amanda called to postpone, my only commitment was gone. It was actually hot outside (84 – broke another record) but I went outside and pruned all my roses and cut back the sweet autumn clematis, all of which went into the trash and to the curb. I ended the day making pork roast, curried cauliflower and a big pan of sautéd zucchini so would have food for the week. After my weekend at home, I was fully recovered and feeling back on track. Now for some spring weather at times when I can work outside please. While I wait for that (hopefully not too long), here’s a springy pic of the primroses I put in the ground last fall. Have I mentioned how much I love spring? Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment