Monday, June 16, 2014

Week 24 - Enjoying Being Home

Well, as much as I wasn’t ready to leave France, I’ve got to say being home has been nice. It helps that this is the easiest jet lag I’ve ever had and the weather cooperated with perfect sleeping weather. My bladder was still on French time for a couple of days and I did wake up at 4:30 a.m. on Monday and was unable to get back to sleep but otherwise slept on Central time all week and never had a foggy head like after previous trips. Maybe it was because I was so relaxed after my trip, which was a wonderful thing after the stressful start of the trip.

There’s not much to report on the week. I managed to “swim” on Wednesday but it was water walking and my mouth got more exercise than my body. Otherwise, I didn’t do much in the evenings. Actually there was knitting and food shopping twice. That’s something but I didn’t get much done once I got home. Oh well.

I spent the weekend trying to reclaim the house. There was a bit of a scare when Dottie asked if she and Mike could come next weekend because she had 4 days off in a row. I already had firm plans with Darla that I can’t reschedule but since I have a complete inability to say no, I had left the possibility open. Well, after not sleeping Friday night worrying about it, I called and left Dottie a message saying it wasn’t going to work. Had they been coming, my weekend would have been a stressful whirlwind of chores but with the heat off, I was able to slow my pace and enjoy it. I swapped out all my winter clothes for summer, did a bunch laundry and ironed too (a rarity these days) so I’m ready for summer weather. I also neatized the rest of the house and got some weeding done in the garden.

I had planned to do some cooking but never got around to anything but blueberry pancakes Saturday night for supper. I did spend 3 hours on Saturday going through the 14 pints of blueberries I’d bought at The Warehouse for 50 cents each so have 8 1-cup bags for muffins and 3 big bags for pies in the freezer. That should get me through until next summer.


So, I guess it’s official – life is back to normal just in time for summer weather. The heat and humidity arrived overnight so I woke up to summer weather on Monday. Good thing I’m ready for summer knitting with all my newly stashed yarn. It’ll be another summer of socks. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment