Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Week 15 - Prepping for Vacation

Everything this week was about getting ready for my week off. I wanted to make sure nothing would get in the way of a week of peak productivity. Yeah, that worked. Ha!

Early in the week, my nephew Drew called and asked if he could come for Easter weekend. You could have knocked me over with a feather. He goes to University of North Dakota and could bum a ride to Omaha with a friend. OK. I’d be on auntie duty at the end of my week off so would just have to get everything done before he got there. Doable.

The week flew by and it was Friday before I knew it. The new cleaning ladies wanted to switch my week to work better with their schedule but I asked them to fit me in later in the week so they wouldn’t be coming on my week off. They agreed to come on Friday so I got home to a clean house with nothing broken for the first time. No awful smells either. Nice.

I had been sniffling for a few days and had runny eyes so chalked it up to allergies and went to bed with dreams of productivity. I woke up at 3:10 so congested that I couldn’t breathe or sleep. It was so bad that I got up to take a Claritin D. I never really fell back asleep so got up early and prepped for the Friends meeting at 10:00. I went to that then hit the bank and was done. I felt like crap and was exhausted. I had invited people over to knit on Sunday afternoon but felt so bad that I cancelled. I sat like a zombie waiting for bedtime. Not a good way to start my vacation.

Of course I felt much better Sunday after getting a better night’s sleep. I still had the cold though so didn’t impose my germs on my knitting buddies, who were knitting at Lori’s after my cancelation. I spent another day sitting and knitting, hoping laying low would help with my cold. I still had hope for the beginning of the week. I was going to not count the weekend as “vacation” in hopes that Monday, my first official day off, would mean a fresh start.

No comments:

Post a Comment