Sunday, February 2, 2014

Week 4 - Welcome Baby Carter


Well, I didn’t get back downstairs on Monday but I did spend the day neatizing upstairs and slogging through papers. After tea, I made an apple pie to take to knitting. It was a lovely day. 

The weather continued its roller coaster trend with below zero temps one day and 50 the next. Sheesh! The work week was uneventful except for a fun, all day professional development on Thursday on EmerGenetics. I came up as conceptual/analytical with high scores in expressiveness and low flexibility. Nothing new there but fun nonetheless.  

The big news of the week was the arrival of Michael and Brenda’s little boy – Carter James Densmore. He was born Friday and is a gorgeous baby. And I’m not just saying that. Check him out. Beautiful!

 

I went to visit them at St. E’s on Saturday. I met Darla beforehand for a slice of pizza and catch up at Whole Foods. I don’t get anywhere near enough face time with her since she changed jobs. Then I met Helen at the pharmacy and we went up to their room. I got some quality baby time in. He’s such a cutie. The new parents and grandma are ecstatic, as they should be. 

With Carter’s arrival, my plans for Sunday changed. I started cooking first thing and kept at it all afternoon between chores. I had bought a ham in Omaha just because it was cheap so baked and glazed that then made cranberry cole slaw and three bean salad to go with it. I would drop it at lunch on Monday and they’d be able to hack at it all week. Ham works for every meal, right? It was nice to think I could help and a good way to spend a frigid Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment