Sunday, October 21, 2012

Week 43 - Just Another Week

The weeks are just blending into each other lately. Work, swimming, knitting and, unfortunately, not sleeping well and plagued with hot flashes. Despite having nothing exciting to share, I’m still lovin’ life.
I didn’t swim on Monday because I needed to get home and frost the banana cake I’d made the night before. The up side of that was I got to eat dinner before knitting. The cake was a bit dry but everyone still ate it and I sent the leftovers (more than half a cake) home with Donna, putting some baked goods in my Ed bank for next time I have a household issue. He always comes to my rescue.

I slept like crap on Monday night so was dragging on Tuesday. A double dose of Starbuck’s got me through the day. Let’s hear it for caffeine! There was no swimming because of fall break so I was looking forward to going straight home. I got an email that I needed to do a check for Friends and deliver it that night, which meant stopping home for the checkbook and getting a second signature before delivering it. Denise offered to deliver it after she signed it so I was home by 6:30. I had dinner, watched some TV and went to bed early. For once I slept well, which was a damn good thing.

I had a meeting first thing on Wednesday, which went well and made my morning fly. I was supposed to go to UAAD at lunch but an IDM problem reared its ugly head and I worked through lunch and was back and forth with the programmers all afternoon. The day was over in a flash and I was back in the pool. It was freezing cold – both the air and the water – but the class was fun and we warmed up quickly. I went home to the dinner of champions – cheerios. Lame as it was, it hit the spot. Sometimes you just gotta have cereal for dinner.

Dodie couldn’t do lunch on Thursday so I went thrifting with Darla and hit pay dirt. I got a wonderful sweater, some tacky 70’s pillowcases (what is it about 70’s linens that I love? The orange and pink maybe?), some zippers, a china soup cup in my pattern, a blouse for a friend and more. It was just a little bit of everything and totally fun. You’d think with such a successful lunch with one of my favorite people, I’d be in a good mood. Nope! A funk set in over the afternoon (no reason why) and it lasted through swimming. Anne noticed it. It was that bad. Then I had to hit HyVee and get food for Kate, who was home with a horrible virus. I’m not a germophobe but didn’t want to touch anything or breathe her air so I dropped the stuff on her counter and practically ran to the car where I pulled out a disinfectant cloth and wiped down every surface I’d touched. I felt bad about bolting so called her from the car to chat. Chalk one up for good karma.

I had a super productive day on Friday, getting tons checked off on my to do list, and the day was over in a flash. I went straight home, happy the weekend was here. I finished a pair of socks while watching TV so it was a good night too.

I woke up before 6:00 on Saturday, bummed that I hadn’t slept late. Hell, 7:00 would have felt good. I got up and started a new pair of socks. I chatted with Carolyn and then got ready for spinning. I brought my new socks and my wheel, figuring I’d try it again. And try I did with no luck. One of the spinners came over and tried and she had no luck either so that at least gave me hope. It’s not me! It’s my crappy wheel so it’s time to get a good one. After spinning, Andrea and I did an Omaha run, getting home at 7:00. I had a Trader Joe’s picnic of cheese, bread and wine and watched the last Gavin and Stacey DVD, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I went to bed hoping to sleep in on Sunday.

Not only didn’t I sleep in, I woke up at 3:30 and couldn’t get back to sleep. I finally got up at 5:00 and made a nice breakfast. Before 6:00 I was showered and dressed. Sheesh! I read for an hour and was starting to get drowsy so went back to bed, falling sound asleep. Then the phone rang. Damn! But at least I’d gotten another hour and a half bring my total to six-ish hours. Groan. Needless to say, I didn’t have a super productive day. I got laundry done and spent most the day reading. I didn’t even knit much. That’s tired! I can only hope for a hot flash free good night of sleep tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment