Monday, August 29, 2011

Week 35 - Plans and Productivity

It was a quick week. Work was busy so the days flew by and so did the evenings. But by the end of the week, I’d gotten a lot of pesky things off my to do list, a few of which had been languishing for a month or more. While that felt great, it doesn’t make for the most interesting blog post. Knitted Monday night, baked a banana cake Tuesday night, blah, blah, blah...

The reality is I spent lots of time knitting this week. I’m working on my first original pattern – a lace knitted drink cozy that I plan to post on Ravelry as a free pattern, which will set me up as a designer. I did the original one on Sunday but then did a 2nd example and started a third – different sizes and colors so I can post perfect ones for the pattern pdf. I'm not done with the third yet and will need to reknit the first, which is for my color swap, but am close to getting it prepped to post. It'll be fun to share my pattern and see how many people want to make it.

One thing worth a mention is that I finally set up my new answering machine and posted the kittens on Craig’s List Wednesday night. On Thursday someone came and got the calico. I’m still waiting for calls on the boys. Just to cover all the bases, I put an ad in next week’s Market Weekly so hopefully between the two, someone will want these kitties.

I finally made it to the pool on Thursday and it was the best workout I've had in a LONG time. We are finally back in the deep pool, hopefully this time for good, and despite it being a shallow class, I was able to stay deep enough to not hurt my knee and was sweating I was working so hard. Yay!

I ended up taking Friday afternoon off, prompted by my dislike of half days in my vacation bank (I’d already asked for next Tuesday morning off for a Master Gardener continuing education session) and Layton cancelling lunch. So I went to Maggie’s with Nora and Mary and then headed home. It was well worth the vacation time. I called contractors, finally got my insurance paperwork processed and made a poster for Big White Kitty (yes, I still have her in my house – sheesh!) and put them up all over town. By the time I went to bed on Friday, the house was picked up and I was ready for the weekend.

The electrician came over first thing on Saturday to give me an estimate on installing my fixtures that the guys took down when they sided and fix the light in the laundry room. I also asked about installing a whole house fan but I’m waiting for my contractors to come (Monday night) about their end of the work. Later on Saturday I mowed, which I had to do twice (once in each direction) because it was 2 weeks worth of grass. I also cleared out the garage so the electrician could get to the corner he needed to access to install the flood light. The kitchen was also completely cleaned up and ready for a cooking day.

I had planned to spend Sunday cooking and made a good start with strawberry pancakes for breakfast but I seemed to spend most of the day on the phone. I talked to my cousin in California about plans for Michael’s wedding weekend at the end of September when 5 of them are coming out. I had hurricane update calls from my sisters and Carolyn (all’s well) too. I ended the day with a long call with Helen, where we discussed more wedding weekend plans, fleshing out things I discussed with Debbie. I did make some taco salad mix and a big pot of red sauce but just threw them in the frig at the end of the day so still need to divvy them up into single serving sizes for freezing. I ended the day, you guess it, knitting.

All in all, it was a good week with lots of productivity and less cats. I also decided I would go to the Black Hills over Labor Day weekend to visit Connie. It’s all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment