Sunday, October 10, 2010

Week 41 - The Ebb Begins

Well, I vowed last week to slow down but I still had a few commitments before that could start. And I didn’t start the week off on a good foot when I woke up roasting in the wee hours Monday (I guess I jumped the gun pulling out the winter nightie) and lost several hours of sleep before falling asleep again. When the alarm went off Monday morning, it was a rude awakening. I spent Monday in a fog of exhaustion but still managed to run a few errands before knitting at the library.

On Tuesday I went to the pool after work and then went in search of a real milk shake for Nancy, who was recovering from surgery at St. E’s. I went to the UNL Dairy Store and got what they call a milk shake but it was so thick they served it with a spoon instead of a straw. Sheesh! I stopped for a chicken dinner for me and headed to the hospital. Nancy looked exhausted and the milk shake made her puke. The nurse took one look at it and exclaimed “Clear liquids! That is not clear.” Oh well. I just brought what she asked for. Plus she was a good sport about it and even let me take her picture holding her barf bag. There’s nothing quite like the fashion statement a hospital Johnny makes.

I didn’t get home until after 9:00 so went right to bed. Wednesday was the pool then knitting at Village Inn. It was good to see Mary again. The best part was that that was the last commitment for the week so I had a couple of free nights ahead of me. I had a hair appointment on Thursday at 5:45 so was guaranteed to be home early. Yay! I did run a few errands after my hair and was so tired when I got home that I couldn’t even hold up my end of the conversation when Connie called. I threw in the towel and went to bed early.

On Friday morning, I got up early and did a ton of stuff before work – got an oil change, picked up donuts, stopped at Starbuck’s, fed the cats and was at my desk by 8:10. Not bad! The day was busy and I even worked a bit late to make up for leaving to load cat food into the shed for Husker Cats. I stopped at Marilyn and Lynn’s on the way home to drop of some yarn and then headed home, ready and committed to doing less.

I had plans to go to Omaha with Andrea on Saturday afternoon but she called to say she’d messed up on the date and the open house at the Scandinavian store was next weekend. So I made a to do list for the weekend and was ready to start when Lorri called and asked if I wanted to go to Great Plains Nursery. When we checked and found it closed, we decided to meet at the fall fair at the library and then grab a coffee. So I headed outside to mow, showered and then headed to the library. Unfortunately, after having an iced blended chai I went home and crashed. I spent most of the rest of the day sitting on my butt and not accomplishing much. Oh well. Sunday was another day.

While I would have preferred another day of vegging, I had to force myself to get my chores done. I did a bit of cooking, plugged away at my chore list and even finished framing/hanging art, which was still all over the dining room table from my week off. All my yarn is organized and put away too. All in all, I got enough done to feel good about my day. So, I’m ready for the coming week and have only 1 night with anything committed. That’s a week to look forward to.

P.S. I finished a good book this week – River of Darkness by Rennie Airth. It was a post WW1 mystery set in England and there are 2 more in the series I’ll have to track down. But on and off while I was reading it, I had the nagging feeling I’d either read it before or had seen it on TV, mostly likely on Masterpiece Theatre or something similar. I googled around but couldn’t find any reference to it being on TV so I either had the worst case of déjà vu or had read it before. So, from now on I’m going to include the books I read at the end of my blog. It’s just my latest effort to keep track of the things I keep forgetting. These days, I need all the help I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment