Friday, July 12, 2019

Week 26 - Drama vs. Knitting

Well, it was not a banner week. Things had been going downhill at work and on Friday I called from my car and requested a meeting with my boss. It went well and some changes are coming but the week leading up to the meeting was not fun. That said, I still enjoy my job and the people I work with. Hopefully the changes will help smooth things out. There is hope on the horizon.

On a positive note, I scored 145 skeins of yarn at Goodwill for 80 cents/skein and 2 weeks later, I've already sold dozens of them on Ravelry for twice what I paid. I'm not going to make a killing but it's a fun game for me. The money sits in my PayPal account to use for sock yarn and patterns. All good.

On Saturday, my plan was to have the house neatized by noon, which would leave me the rest of the weekend for something fun. I had everything done by 11:30 and sat down for lunch of some yummy chicken salad I'd made. I put one bite in my mouth and then saw an email suggesting knitting at Mocha C's - the coffee shop/cafe in Wahoo. I put my lunch in the fridge, threw on presentable clothes and ran out the door. I ordered a chicken salad croissant for lunch (ha!) and we closed the place down. It was a lovely interlude in a super hot weekend.

Alas, I didn't get anything momentous done for the rest of the weekend. I did laundry and puttered a bit but mostly sat on my butt knitting and streaming. I'm fine with that in the dog days of summer so am calling it good. I needed a recharge break anyway after the work drama. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment