Sunday, May 19, 2019

Week 18 - A Bad Week

So, the title of this says it all. It was a BAD week. At work. I won't go into details but it was bad enough that I went home one night and checked the job list to see what was available on campus. It didn't get better as the week went on so I spent the weekend holed up at home, enjoying being home and all that goes with that. On that note, here are a few positives for the week.

On Monday I got an email from Lon, the Husker Cats weekend feeder, where he said he'd seen Jay. Now I'd been mourning Jay because I hadn't seen him in weeks so assumed he was dead. Well, apparently he was just avoiding me - the evil woman who kept him inside for weeks and shoved drugs down his throat. So when I fed on Tuesday, I started driving away and then saw Jay sneaking out from under a bush. He'd been waiting for me to leave! While I'm thrilled he's OK, what a little turd! Still, that counts as a positive.

Also on Tuesday, I had a lovely lunch with Darla at Cook's Cafe, which has the best breakfast sausage in town. I had planned to get breakfast for lunch but was tempted by a meatloaf sandwich and so got a side of sausage, which I took home and then had breakfast for supper. But back to Darla. She is always a bright spot in my life so was a balm for my soul. She listened to me bitch about work and even brought me a present and paid for my lunch. Good friends are so important.



Wednesday was the 1st of May so I started knitting new socks while watching my favorite show - Survivor. All good there. And with the lilacs in full bloom on campus, I went out early one morning and took fabulous pictures, one of which is my new desktop wallpaper. Cindy and I went to Steak & Shake for a shake Thursday afternoon and walked, talked and drank. So a bad week did have plenty of good in it. And my bad weeks are few and far between so I'm grateful for that.

I had my normal weekend at home. Having had Susan staying the previous weekend, it felt good to just be home getting stuff done and catching up on chores. The older I get, the more I appreciate unstructured time at home. Anyone feel the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment