Monday, August 28, 2017

Week 29 - Recovery and Recharge

I was back from a wonderful trip and it was time to get back to reality. I had a whole week to get through at work and wanted to start rotating so had some planning to do for that to happen. And while I should have kept my nights free, did I? Not so much but then when do I let a little fatigue hold me back.

I only got about 5 hours of sleep to start the week but managed to dry the load of laundry I’d put on in the wee hours so had fresh undies to wear to work. I was OK in the morning but started to fade after lunch. A frapuccino helped my flagging energy so I could make it through the afternoon and then on to knitting that night. The cupboard really was bare so I’d have to restock before I could eat anything, never mind anything healthy. Add that to the list.

With not much in the offing for dinner on Tuesday, I called Andrea and we headed to Todd’s Tavern in Cedar Bluffs. Lorri had told me this place about while we were in Portland and I was excited to try the deep fat fried tater tots, which were delish. The burger they came with was too. The beer in a frosty glass that we enjoyed nixed any hope of getting anything done that night but it was worth it. My plan was to start rotating on Thursday so it was almost my last supper.

After swimming Wednesday night, I hit Fresh Thyme to stock up on all things produce. That got me home at 8:00 but at least I was set to start eating healthy on Thursday, which I did. It was actually a relief to get back to my 600 calorie days. It’s not much to eat but food decisions are off the table. I know exactly what I’m eating and when so easy peasy. I swam Thursday night too so went home ravenous. All worth it though.

I was very excited for the weekend but I’d been roped into seeing The Hero at The Ross. Now this was a preview Cindy had seen when we went to the movies a week ago and she said she absolutely wanted to see it. Tammie chimed in “me too!” but I remained silent having little interest. But since Cindy was on vacation, Tammie wanted me to go. How could I say no when it was leaving the theatre before Cindy got back from vacation? While I wanted nothing more than to head straight home, it was actually a perfectly pleasant movie so not a burden at all. I even abstained from popcorn. When it was done, I drove home like a bat out of hell. I was very excited to be home with no commitments for two whole days.


I slept until 10:00 on Saturday morning! I needed the sleep and it had the added bonus of being so late that I skipped breakfast, which gave me extra calories for lunch and dinner. On a 600 day, that’s a blessing. While I had unpacked my dirty clothes in the wee hours of Monday, I hadn’t touched my suitcase so started the day unpacking. The rest of the weekend was a blur of catching up in the house, prepping produce and stashing all my new yarn on Ravelry. Heidi came over Saturday afternoon and knitted with me while her son mowed but otherwise it was a solitary weekend with the perfect mix of productivity and relaxation. I ended the weekend with enough food prepped to get me through the week and feeling refreshed and grateful for the recharge time. I needed it with fiscal year end mania on the horizon. Hopefully I’ll be able to keep my energy high and get through the next few weeks. Rhode Island is less than 3 weeks away. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment