Sunday, January 17, 2010

Week 3 - Another Rotten Cold

This week was supposed to be a celebration of the return to my normal routine. Not so much! Monday night was knitting but I went to Donna's (she's recovering from knee replacement) and Andrea went to the library. Oops! But Donna and I had fun, with me doing most of the talking telling her about my St. Louis trip. Tuesday was the first day back in the pool, which felt great, but I left with an awareness of having used muscles I hadn't in a long time. Despite this, I got up Wednesday after a night of strange dreams that revolved around Menachem Begin and my neighbor's son, and packed for fitness yoga. Anne and Beth from water aerobics were going since yoga classes were free this week and I figured why not join them. Yoga is SO not for me! I couldn't do half the moves because of my knee and didn't do very well with the balancing either since I twisted my ankle last week while shoveling snow. When Anne got up to leave early for a meeting, I left too, happy to be done with that experiment.

As I was walking back to my office, it was above freezing for the first time in a month and the snow was finally melting. Listening to the drip, drip, drip reminded me of the scene in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe when they notice the melting and know that the reign of the White Witch is coming to an end. That's exactly what it feels like here after the month plus of frigid weather we've had. And the good thing is it's going to be above freezing for as far ahead as they've forecast. Yay!

I woke up with a slight cough on Thursday and headed to the first of two days of training on Crystal Reports at Central. I clearly didn’t do enough zicam because by Friday afternoon, I had a full-blown cold and knew it would impact my weekend. Crap - this is my third cold since early October! By Saturday morning, I was fully congested and still had the cough and got next to nothing done all weekend except catching up on some Ravelry posting and knitting more on my socks. When I did try to get a few chores done Sunday night, it caused a half hour coughing fit. So much for having a catch up weekend. I guess this is my body’s reaction to overdoing it last weekend. My to do list will have to wait until next weekend. At least this is a short work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment